Ok, been back home for a few days now and starting on my second day at work.
While it is extremely tempting to pack it all in and head out into the world again I feel I need to sit back for a moment and remember that there are some good things at home too.
So rather than thinking about what we don’t have:
* Bears (brown black or polar)
* Moose Reindeer, Caribou
* Bald Eagles (apart from the poster in the other building)
* Cheese or Peanut Butter with everything (although I can work on that)
* A coffee shop on every corner
I need to remember what we do:
* Seeing kangaroos, cockatoos, plovers, magpies, butterflies and swallows on the work driveway
* Running at night without being nervous
* Seeing forests, lakes, mountains and snow from my town (at the right time of year)
* Spending time with good friends
* Sharing my life with a very patient and tolerant man
* When I need a hit of civilization, the big city is only 2 hours away
* Internet shopping
* Mail order chai
* Running my laptop during a power outage watching Armstrong and Miller (thanks Kate)
Of course, having a 2 hour power outage means my laptop battery is about to die.
I will resume being thankful in the dark, possibly after lunch.