a weekend of two parts – part 1

Friday night was a quiet and early night in preparation for the weekend ahead.

Saturday morning – woke up to the sound of pouring rain (thank you Skid Row).
Woke up to my alarm around 6am.  Up early for the drive into Melbourne (Glen Waverley) for a new do.

Picked up Mrs L around 7am and we headed off, through the rain to her cousin’s hairdressing salon.

2 hours of Glee sing-a-long and catching up on gossip later, we arrived.

Mrs L received a lovely new layered do while I had some highlights added to counteract the many many colours weighing down my hair and (hopefully)  to disguise the many greys coming through.  Thank you to Emily for doing such a good job.

After the hair styling we felt like a couple of girlie girl sheltering under a little umbrella hiding from the rain.  Mrs L made it into the car relatively dry.

Myself, being the driver and the holder of the umbrella, did not fare so well.
Always difficult to actually get into the car and fold the umbrella.

From there we headed to The Glen for our first round of shopping.
Mission 1 was fascinators for the work Christmas party, mission 2 was some more Christmas shopping.

The second store we discovered in The Glen was a lolly shop with Peanut Butter Lindt balls in their own packages, Reeses‘ peanut butter cups and a number of other rare selections.
Needless to say that was our first stop.

We also managed a little Christmas shopping in Target (yes, I forgot to use my voucher!).

Then it was time for brunch/lunch at Max Brenner – oh yes!
This week I had the banana crepes while Mrs L had the waffle.  Oh waffles!








From The Glen we headed over to Chadstone.

It had been more than 10 years since I visited Chadstone and it has definitely grown up.

We shopped, enjoyed looking at the stores we would never buy anything at and found a hat and a fascinator.

I also found my home – the Spencer and Rutherford store.  So beautiful.
Thankfully we had made a pact before we went in that I would not be allowed to purchase anything.

Eventually we headed to the food court for some sushi.

We finally tore ourselves away from the loveliness of the stores and headed to 1st choice liquor.  Stocking up for Christmas. No really.

Still raining, we made it back to the car and decided to head home.
Via Anaconda (until they kicked us out at closing) and Coles at Chirnside.

A little grocery shopping and we were ready for the 90 minute drive home.

More Glee, a little Wham!, dropped Mrs L and her shopping off and I was home by 8pm.
13 hour shopping day – not too bad at all.

An early night in preparation for part 2 of the weekend – stay tuned.






Tell us what you think

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s