Our company has offices in two states. (Not including the ‘working from home’ individuals).
Last week I returned from my holidays in SA to find I needed to head to NSW for work this week.
The road trip from base to the NSW office takes around 8 hours and much fast food.
Unfortunately as this road trip occurred midweek I tried to stick to my no sugar regime.
(For these occasions it becomes no known or obvious sugar)
Most food on the road does not come with a list of ingredients.
While it might be fairly obvious that a muffin or doughnut definitely contain sugar, it might be more difficult to guess if a bread roll does.
So – no known or obvious sugar it became! – If you read the following list of foods and know that there is sugar contained within, please keep it to yourself! I like my little world of denial.
Left home 5.30am to have an early start.
– Breakfast – McDonalds – Rosti Breakfast wrap and bottle of water- yum
– Lunch – Subway – Veggie Patty and salad on Multigrain
– Dinner – Chinese – dumplings, curry puffs, honey pepper steak and snow pea duck
– Supper – my new favourite sugar free hot chocolate
– Wake up – sugar free hot chocolate (need to use the milk before we leave}
– Breakfast – McDonalds – Rosti Breakfast wrap and bottle of water- do you see a pattern emerging?
– Lunch – Subway – Veggie Patty and salad on Multigrain – yes another pattern
– Snack – sugar free gluten free muesli bar
– Dinner – Japanese – Crumbed oysters, Deluxe Sashimi and Deluxe Sushi – definitely the highlight (Toshis at Mittagong)
– Supper – yes another sugar free hot chocolate
– Wake up – sugar free hot chocolate (finishing off the milk)
– Breakfast – McDonalds – Rosti Breakfast wrap and bottle of water- yes – three days in a row
– Lunch – 2 cheese and chive scones and a detox juice – changing things up!
– Home for dinner!!! (Quiche with chips and salad)